Arrival and location plan
Our building is a historic hotel located at the highest altitude in Switzerland. It sits atop the Val d’Anniviers at 2,337 m above sea level, surrounded by the majestic peaks of the Swiss Alps. At about 700 vertical meters below the hotel is the small village of St. Luc, which is often the starting point for the ascent to the Weisshorn hotel.
St-Luc is the end of the line for cars and postbuses!
The hotel Weisshorn is idyllically located in a quiet area and away from traffic. You can reach the hotel on foot from St-Luc and in winter with snowshoes or seal skins.
There are several possibilities to park in St Luc.
Time in summer: 1 h – 1 h 30
Time in winter: 1 h 30 – 2 h
Easy hike: Once you reach the Tigousa arrival station of the funicular St. Luc-Tignousa, follow the planet trail.
The planet trail is also easily accessible in winter because the road is groomed regularly – good snow shoes are sufficient to come to us.
Forest trail-Planet trail-Weisshorn
Time in summer: 1 h 45
Time in winter: 2 h – 2 h 30
Short hike: From St-Luc, make 200 m in the direction of Chandolin. Then take the forest trail until you reach the parking lot of the forest. This is the start of the 6-seater chairlift . The rest of the route is prohibited to vehicles. From this starting point, follow the pedestrian trail to the planet trail by which you access the Weisshorn hotel.
The path is groomed in winter and is therefore also practicable.
In summer you can reach us by bike via the route «Forest trail–Planet trail–Weisshorn».
In winter access to the Hotel Weisshorn is also possible with snowshoes via the snowshoe trail from St-Luc or with seal skins!
Special during the winter season
In winter we can organize luggage transport for our hotel guests on request. More information on this at
The Val d’Anniviers is part of the massif of the Valais Alps. It opens into the Rhone Valley, in Chippis, south of Sierre . The river that flows is called Navizence. Its inhabitants are the Anniviards. The name of «The five 4000» is given to the group formed by the Weisshorn, Zinalrothorn, the Ober Gabelhorn, the Matterhorn and the Dent Blanche that are distinctly visible at the same time from the Val d’Anniviers.
Thanks to its extraordinary location, our hotel enjoys plenty of sunshine and is spared by the wind. We can offer our guests a number of hours of sunshine, above average! You find yourself in the fog? Come up and get some sun with us!
Approach to St-Luc
With public transportation
From Geneva, Basel, Zurich, Bern and neighbor countries, such as Italy or Germany, the Valais is easily reachable. The Zurich-Sierre trip can be done in just 2:18 minutes and without many changes through the Lötschberg base tunnel. From Sierre, the postal bus Sierre / St-Luc (change at Vissoie) can be taken. Travel by train and you earn up to an hour! www.sbb.ch
- International Airport in Geneva or Zurich (for the rest of the journey see above).
- Civil Airport of Sion, with the train to Sierre, then with the postal bus to St-Luc.
- From Geneva: Ride along Lake Geneva and follow the Rhone until Sierre.
- From Zurich: Follow Bern, Thun, Kandersteg, then take the Lötschberg tunnel by loading your car on the train, then take the motorway A9 to Sierre (approx every 30 min, 12 min ride).
- From Lucerne or Gotthard: Through the Furka tunnel open all year, by loading your car on the train, in the direction of the Rhone Valley to Sierre.
- From Sierre: Take the exit Sierre-East (Val d’Anniviers, Vissoie, St Luc). From Sierre, the road winds along the tops through Vissoie until St Luc. Access roads are clear all year round, but winter equipment is essential in winter.